Riviera Finance stands with the American Trucking Association, our transportation debtors and our valued trucking clients in celebrating the phenomenal job that America’s Truckers do day in and day out. Even in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, America can rely on food, medicine and supplies to be delivered in a timely, safe and professional manner.
From the first 91 day transcontinental truck delivery that left Philadelphia and arrived in San Francisco on September 20th 1912, the United States has relied on our trucking industry daily through two World Wars, innumerable natural disasters, terrorist attacks and pandemics.
In recognition and appreciation of the 3.5 million professional men and women’s commitment we celebrate this year’s National Truck Driver Appreciation Week September 13-19, 2020
Did You Know?
• Truckers deliver about 10 billion tons of freight, or about 70 percent of all the freight moved in the U.S.
• The average trucker will drive over 100,000 road miles per year. That works out to nearly 40 trips across the United States.
• About 6% of the nation’s truck drivers are women. The number is trending upward about 10% a year.
• 41% of the nation’s truck drivers are people of color – compared to 22% in all other jobs.
• Truck drivers can have many talents. These truckers went on to be actors:
Sean Connery, Elvis Presley, Charles Bronson, Viggo Mortensen, Liam Neeson, James Cameron, Chevy Chase, Rock Hudson.
• The career field remains open for more heavy and tractor-trailer drivers. The BLS estimates 108,400 more will be needed by 2026. Their median pay is about $43,680 per year.
• The career field for Light Truck and Delivery Truck Drivers is expected to grow more slowly. The BLS predicts about 55,000 light truck and delivery drivers will be needed by 2026. Their median pay is $30,500 per year.
Riviera Finance has proudly been supporting the trucking industry for over 50 years, providing working capital to new and growing trucking companies and owner operators.